Tuesday, October 16, 2012

hope?


When I see sunsets, when I see the ocean, a feeling of comfort in the future begins in the center of my core.  I'm not calling this feeling 'hope', just a bit of calm in the raging fear of what just might be. 
There are different types of hope: hope someone you love beats cancer, or, hope that humans will rectify environmental devastation.  Hope has to do with wishes and dreams. wants and likes. You can hope for a raise, a new job, a healthy baby, a new life, but hope is like prayer. It does no good unless action is instituted, and carried out. 
 I love this quote:

“Hope is what keeps you going, but hope keeps you focused on the future, and this continued focus perpetuates your denial of the Now and therefore your unhappiness.”  Eckhart Tolle


linked to 2shoes tues; Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment